- Breastfeeding support groups search
This page will help you search for breastfeeding support groups in your area just by entering your postcode.
- NCT Shared Experiences Helpline
NCT Shared Experiences Helpline is designed to support parents who are experiencing specific difficulties, problems, worries or other issues during pregnancy, birth and early parenthood.
Information for parents
Medication and Breastfeeding
The basics of breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding leaflets from UNICEF
- Dr Newman’s Breastfeeding Articles and Videos
- Off to a good start. All you need to know about breastfeeding your baby
This booklet from NHS Scotland provides useful general information about breastfeeding your baby.
- Rebecca Glover
Rebecca Glover – Follow me Mum (Instinctive Breastfeeding)
- Breastfeeding linked to lower risk of postnatal depression. Study about the benefits of Breastfeeding in relation to Postnatal Depression.
- Postnatal depression. Very detailed information about postnatal depression and puerperal psychosis from the Mind website.
- PANDAS. Pre and postnatal depression advice and support.
- APNI. Association for postnatal illness.
- Antidepressants and Breastfeeding. Information from the Breastfeeding Network regarding the safety of antidepressants during breastfeeding.
- Anxiety and breastfeeding. Information page from the Breastfeeding Network.
- Mental Health. General information about mental health from NHS Choices.
- Birth Trauma Association. They help people traumatised by childbirth.
- Mums and babies in mind. Project from the Mental Health Foundation. Their aim is to support mums who suffer from mental health problems during pregnancy and the first year after birth.
SANDS. Stillbirth and Neonatal Death charity.
For health professionals
NICE guidance. Antenatal and Postnatal mental health: Clinical management and service guidance.