Information for parents
- Association of Tongue-Tie practitioners
This organisation was established in 2012 by a few tongue-tie practitioners. Its aims are to raise awareness of the effects on tongue-tie on babies, support the parents of these babies and to train and support practitioners.Information for parents.
Infant Sleep Information Source – Information for parents and carers
Medication and Breastfeeding
- Medications and breastfeeding – Dr Hale
Dr Hale’s medication and breastfeeding information.
The basics of breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding leaflets from UNICEF
- Dr Newman’s Breastfeeding Articles and Videos
- Off to a good start. All you need to know about breastfeeding your baby
- Breastfeeding linked to lower risk of postnatal depression. Study about the benefits of Breastfeeding in relation to Postnatal Depression.
- Postnatal depression. Very detailed information about postnatal depression and puerperal psychosis from the Mind website.
- PANDAS. Pre and postnatal depression advice and support.
- APNI. Association for postnatal illness.
- Antidepressants and Breastfeeding. Information from the Breastfeeding Network regarding the safety of antidepressants during breastfeeding.
- Anxiety and breastfeeding. Information page from the Breastfeeding Network.
- Mental Health. General information about mental health from NHS Choices.
- Birth Trauma Association. They help people traumatised by childbirth.
- Mums and babies in mind. Project from the Mental Health Foundation. Their aim is to support mums who suffer from mental health problems during pregnancy and the first year after birth.
SANDS. Stillbirth and Neonatal Death charity.
For health professionals
NICE guidance. Antenatal and Postnatal mental health: Clinical management and service guidance.